Screenly is a preconfigured port of Raspbian, a Linux distribution for Raspberry Pi devices.
In Screenly’s FAQ, they say console login and wifi aren’t recommended, but in this tutorial, we will show you how to do all that.
1. Hook up a keyboard to your Pi while screenly is booted
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to open a terminal
3. Enter credentials pi | raspberry
5. Reboot and it should connect, verify by going into the console and typing ifconfig
Some other info:
- It appears Screenly uses UZBL, a webkit web browser to display webpages.
- After getting into the console and logging in, you can do run startx, this will open the screenly application. Pressing Windows key+ D will get you to the desktop.
- Screenly uses a lightweight DE called black box.
- Right clicking the desktop will give you a couple extra options.