Just got RAM for my server, esiso sent me a broken DIMM, so I had to make due with 25GB of ram (4Gx4Gx4Gx4Gx4Gx512Mx4Gx512M).
Now I finally have 32GB.
- Intel PowerEdge 1950 III (originally had a 1st gen board, upgraded that)
- 2x Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.0GHz, 2x12M L2 Cache (Xeon equivalent to two QX9650’s, total equivalent to an i5 4670)
- 32GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz ECC FB-DIMM
- 240GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
- 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200
- OS: Windows Server 2012 R2, previously ran ESXI 5.5, switched back because It wasn’t necessary.
- PERC 5/i RAID(by LSI), DRAC 5
- 3x Gigabit NICs, 2 Broadcom, 1 Intel PCI-e
- Total, less than $400 for everything
- Idles at 300w